Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

100% BSOD when installing vcard driver and random process

453 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  lunarlander 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all,

I have a Legion (Lenovo Gaming Series) laptop, Y530, was very happy with it until suddenly it froze.

After restarting it I only got Window's diagnostics screen, and after running it I still couldn't do anything, it would always take me to the windows diagnostics.

I took it to a repair shop and there they said that both solid-state drives were busted ( I was quite surprised since both SSD dying at the same time sounds like crazy bad luck). Being a laptop I guess I was quite lucky since SSD aren't the most expensive and quite easy to switch on a laptop.

Picked up my laptop, and I, still not believing my bad luck decided to try using the SSD that didnt have windows for booting and I was successful! Happy (and disappointed with the techie's diagnostic) decided to carry on with the working SSD but I encounter a BSOD when I'm installing the NVIDIA driver for the 1050ti.
I also get random BSOD every now and then, doesnt matter if im using the cpu or the laptop is doing nothing.
with the codes: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
and nvlddmkm.sys

Could it be that the power supply is working incorrectly?

Or perhaps the video card is busted?

Edited by Administrator to say the operating system is Windows 10 because the thread has been moved to the Hardware forum and the title was too long to include the OS there.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.