100% Disk Usage, Not sure why. ~Fresh Install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Aldan808

Fresh Install Windows 10.

Just built this PC.

OS Version
: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 63 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 12
RAM: 16279 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, -1 Mb <-- 4gb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1894315 MB, Free - 1716090 MB; <-- HDD not SSD (awaiting SSD arrival).
Motherboard: MSI, X99A SLI PLUS(MS-7885)
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

AVG running as AntiVirus - Tried BitDefender AND Avast, so far AVG uses the least resources.

- Startup Programs: http://prntscr.com/adu3f6
(including Start10)

- Increased VRAM: http://prntscr.com/adu5ap

Already Turned off Suprtfetch, BITS, Windows Search.

Seems to me that it's Windows Services of some sort running the HDD to 100%

happens whenever im loading instances in games or open anything.
was occurring before the fresh install as well.

Ran Virus/Malware scan, 0 results.

Ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
ALSO ran SFC or whatever it is called.

Ran SeaTools (since im using a Seagate HDD)
Drive is 100% fine and functional.

Running out of ideas to try and im thinkin it is some services i can disable or something before i do another fresh install of windows 10.

Last edited:

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What command are you using to get this 100% disk usage?

Aldan808

Task Manager and the resource monitor for the disk under the task manager, it is literally whenever I open anything, even with edge or chrome just to the launch the new tabs page.

Ive been told its probably not being used 100% but the performance drop from the disk being used is really noticeable and makes the PC nearly unusable for anything besides web browsing.

Last edited:

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Well I have found that Chrome is a real resource hog, and will not allow it to be installed on any machine. Just being installed hogs resources.

Also, note that any AV program needs to do a scan of ALL files.
Then there is the search function that likes to index the files for a faster search.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online