Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

100% HD Activity with this.....

902 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
Hello All

For about the last week I have experienced 100% Hard Drive activity lasting up to 4 to 5 minuets, according to Task Manager the culprit is WAAMEDIC AGENT EXE. It appears to be random as it does not show up in Task Manager every time. It has been suggested to me (not by an expert) that Microsoft is using this to collect data from my PC. Any advice would be welcomed.

Regards Silversurf

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20200629162533.000000+000
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 6
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 913 GB (858 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0H4VK7, ver A01, s/n /GNS5BR2/CNWS20085703SX/
System: Dell Inc., ver DELL - 1072009, s/n GNS5BR2
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

See less See more
#2 ·
WaasMedic Agent Exe is a part of the Windows 10 operating system. The main goal of this service is to ensure that the Windows update process is smooth and uninterrupted so that users cab receive the latest patches without issues.

#3 ·
Silversurf:

Your complaint is associated with the Windows Update Medic Service entry in the "Services" list.
No other system components depend on it, so there's no reason for it to load and run all the time.
If "Startup type" in yours is set on Automatic, change it to Manual, then click Apply - OK.
The next time you start or restart your computer, it shouldn't load and run.

Product Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.