1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

100 shopping days until Christmas

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by lora_3677, Sep 15, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. lora_3677

lora_3677 Thread Starter

I just looked at the calendar and I wanted to point out that there is basically 100 shopping days until Christmas. Now, I didn't include today... and I didn't include the day of (let's hope you aren't stopping by the gas station to grab a keychain for a gift... )..

So, HAPPY MONDAY MORNING!!!!

Have you started shopping?
    How many people do you buy for?

2. clskrk

clskrk

Happy - Monday Morning, contradiction of terms!!!

only one, see other thread. :)

3. Gibble

Gibble

100 days?

Let me know when it's less than a week to go...

4. moonmist

moonmist

Do you want my list Lora?? :)

5. gws226

gws226

Its real easy to pick gifts the night before too...
    Whatever is on the shelf... is what you take! :D :D

Instead of thinking of a good gift for someone, you look at the last item on the shelf and decide who its good for! (much easier!)

6. lora_3677

lora_3677 Thread Starter

LOL!!! I like that idea g. Except... who do I give a box of crackers too??

Moonie: Do you have a long list?? Mince is pretty short this year. I keep weeding people off. Less Christmas cards being mailed too... I think by the time I'm 50 I'll be a scrooge. lol.

cls: You are so sweet!!! If you need ideas.. I like black lace. ;)

7. Aaron.W

Aaron.W

My family has a plan that works for us because we are so many. Every year at Thanksgiving we all drop our names in a hat and draw one out. That's the one we get a gift for. The value is set every year, last year it was $75. It saves a ton of time, money and cargo space, and the gifts are always appreciated.

Naturally, the kids are exempt so we can bury them under mountains of toys. The lucky brats have nearly two hundred aunts, uncles and adult cousins. ;]

8. lora_3677

lora_3677 Thread Starter

WOW!! that's insane....all the toys.

We draw names too and we only have a few people in my family (6) and we set the limit much lower than that... i guess i'm lucky..

9. ashes@work

[email protected]

First Name:
    Ashley
    my mother shops all year round. Im 23 years old and it still takes me 4 hours to open up at christmas.

My stocking is usually a 30 gallon container of STUFF

10. lora_3677

lora_3677 Thread Starter

ash... you are spoiled! ha ha.

my parents usually get a paper box and fill it with goodies... you never know what you may find in there. one year i got a pack of gum... but the gum was replaced with $20 bills... that gum was quite tasty! lol.

11. gws226

gws226

Isn't this thread no defunct? ... being that there is only 99 days til Christmas! :D :D

12. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Got all my christmas shopping done back in July. My attic is stuffed, but at least I beat the christmas rush.

13. Gibble

Gibble

And here I thought you were male. ;)

14. lora_3677

lora_3677 Thread Starter

I did that one year.... Had everything purchased by the beginning of September... but it's just so much fun to get in the Christmas ush with the hustle and bustle. rushing store to store all in one day... i love the day after Thanksgiving.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice