$1000 to buy a new computer, need some help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

littleriver

As stated got $1000 to play with and want a new computer.

Wife is starting to get into the making movies, viewing pictures thing on the computer so would need enough speed and space for that.

I would prefer a 19" flat screen, but i guess 17" would suffice.

Other than that no real special needs!

Thanks for the time, and looking forward to the responses!

LR

Hello littleriver. You can get a very powerful machine for approx $1000!.
I would go to dell first---configure one exactly like you want , and then check retail stores for comparision. Here is a system that sounds like what you want ---19'' flatscreen--good sound system, memory, large HD , and a good processor. Free shipping too.
A good deal with a 19" flat screen.
SYSTEM COMPONENTS
XPS 400 Qty 1
Pentium® D Processor 820 with Dual Core Technology (2.80GHz, 800FSB), Genuine Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition Unit Price $1,069.00
No Interest for 18 months on XPS Systems when using Dell Preferred Account!
Limited Time Offer! View Details

Catalog Number: 29
Module Description Show Details
XPS 400 Pentium® D Processor 820 with Dual Core Technology (2.80GHz, 800FSB)
Operating System Genuine Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition
Memory 512MB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz - 2DIMMs
Keyboard Dell USB Keyboard
Monitors FEATURED UPGRADE!! 19 inch E193FP Analog Flat Panel
Video Cards 128MB PCI Express™ x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X300 SE HyperMemory
Hard Drives 160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
Floppy Drive and Media Reader No Floppy Drive Included
Mouse Dell® 2-button USB mouse
Network Interface Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet
Modem 56K PCI Data Fax Modem
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
CD or DVD Drive Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 48x CD-RW Drive
Sound Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
Speakers Dell A525 30 Watt 2.1 Stereo Speakers with Subwoofer
Office Software (not included in Windows XP) No Productivity Suite - Corel WordPerfect® word processor only
Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed) McAfee SecurityCenter with VirusScan, Firewall, Spyware Removal, 15-months
Hardware Warranty 1Yr Ltd Warranty, 1Yr At-Home Service, and 1Yr HW Warranty Support
Home PC Installation No Installation
Dial-Up Internet Access 6 Months of America Online Membership Included
Miscellaneous Award Winning Service and Support
Financial Software (Preinstalled) No QuickBooks package selected- Includes limited use trial
Operating System Backup & Recovery PC Restore recovery system by Symantec
Dell Digital Entertainment Starter Entertainment Pack -Basic digital Music, Photo, and Casual Gaming

TOTAL:$1,069.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Configure one for you, Check it out , and then compare with Bestbuy --Circuitcity ---HP ect.
Link >http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsdt_400?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs
As far as software , much can loaded for free, good stuff--- antivius---even some office apps ect-- that would also be a consideration.
I would be happy with a system like this!
Good luck shopping. >f

If you went with a regular XP machine, then bought your own PVR-150mce tuner from newegg, and win MCE, you'd probably do better with the price.

PC makers seem to up the price quite a bit when the "media center" bit comes into play.

littleriver

Thanks for the replys!

I would have to buy everything with the computer, I doubt I could add anything myself, but thanks for the thought!

LR

littleriver said:
Thanks for the replys!

I would have to buy everything with the computer, I doubt I could add anything myself, but thanks for the thought!

LR
The system Fidelista specked out looks good to me---that dual core processor will help tremendously with the video editing. Just make sure you add a second hard drive. The master doesn't have to be that big--the slave is the one you want to be really big

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online