1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved 11.1 GB iso. Need to burn to disk

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Windjamer, Mar 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Windjamer

Windjamer Thread Starter

I downloaded an iso. image containing "Driver Pack 17.7.4. which is 11.1 GB.Can anyone tell me what I can burn this on? Can I use the regular 4.7 GB DVD on multiple disks or somehow compress the files? I use ROXIO 20-10 software.

Thanks

2. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  3. Windjamer

Windjamer Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. Looks like I'm out of luck on this one. Only the Blue ray 25GB disk and equipment will hold and play the volume which I don't have.
    I tried the USB option but it did not work. I'll just forget the project.

4. drfootware

drfootware

Is this a bootable iso? A usb flash drive will work, as long as it's formatted to ext4, but then windows can't read it, unless you install "ext4explore". It actually runs as a stand alone program, you don't need to "install" it. You do have to run it as administrator though, then you can "save" it back to your hard drive. Another option, do you have an android phone? You could transfer the file to your phone storage, via your computer, assuming you have enough room, on your phone storage.

5. Windjamer

Windjamer Thread Starter

6. drfootware

drfootware

I get it, you don't want to re-download it, it's a big file. Do you know how to mount the ISO? Or, download the portable version of "Izarc". Then you can extract the contents of the ISO, to a folder, then copy however many individual files that fit to the flashdrive(s), you have. Just a note, "Fat32", has a files size limitation, of 4gb, max. per file, so as long as each file, is under that size, you can just fill the drive. Hope this helps.

7. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    What do you want to do with the files in the ISO ?

8. Windjamer

Windjamer Thread Starter

Thank you drfootware. I mounted the ios. and found out their was more junk than drivers in the download. I erased the iso. completely.

9. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Thanks drfootware, I went searching and discovered that 7-zip will extract the files from an ISO. That something I normally don't do. The majority of my ISO files are linux live distros and I "burn" them to a USB stick to boot.

10. drfootware

drfootware

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I gave you the best info I could come up with. Maybe next time.

11. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    drfootware, it did help the OP. He discovered that the huge file he downloaded contained lots of junk. He didn't waste time trying to burn junk to a DVD.

It also helped me to discover if I'm faced with a large ISO, I can look at the contents without wasting time "burning" it to a USB stick.

12. drfootware

drfootware

Glad I could help.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224159

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice