1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

1394 network connection queary

Discussion in 'Networking' started by short101, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. short101

short101 Thread Starter

Can anyone tell me how to set this up. Its not that I need it, but got onto my works network this morning and when I enabled it, I got 400 kbs, but couldnt get on the net or get my emails. I did a search of the forum and couldnt really find an explanation as to what its used for (is it firewire or a network connection) Googling didnt come up with much either (well the first five pages anyway) As I said, I dont need it but if I can actually get 400kbs, then I'd like to have it.

2. plucnik

plucnik

..........what??? 400kbs of what? Can you re-explain?

3. Metaphoric

Metaphoric

ive read several reposts of what this is. Apparelty its actually the firewire port but for some unknown reason its displayed in the networking section.
    My friends computer has a similar problem when it would say that that connection was acrive at high speeds, even when nothing was connected to his laptop.
    As ive read, i'd just ignore it.

4. snooker

snooker

IEEE 1394 interface provides high speed digital interface for audio / video appliances such as digital television, digital video camcorders, storage peripherals & other PC portable devices.

5. short101

short101 Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I thought it was firewire, but wasnt sure when it was in network connections, so I guess I'll do as suggested and just ignore it.

6. terryxp

terryxp

yabba... ignore that as a network connection... thats fur ur camera n stuff, not surfing

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218859

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice