545 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DRPC 
#1 ·
My PC specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

AMD RX 6700XT GPU

16GB DDR4

Dark Rock Slim CPU FAN

Viewsonic VX2458 144hz monitor.

I was using my stock CPU cooler for a while and started noticing CPU temps rising and a little throttle, so I decided to change my cooler to the current Dark Rock Slim, my temps dropped and everything else is fine but my 144hz feels choppy when I play, even though I get 300+ FPS, i've tried it on rainbow six siege, CSGO, splitgate. The mouse movement on desktop and other apps feel like 144hz, but the game doesnt feel like a proper 144hz experience, it feels better than 60hz but still choppy and teared when I move my mouse, Im wondering what could the reason be, everything was working fine before I upgraded my fan, Could it be that I messed up the GPU or the CPU somehow? Do I need to take everything out and rebuild my system? I've been going crazy, I built this PC specifically for 144hz gaming but watching it lag just makes me sad. (Everything was working perfect before the fan upgrade, Same CPU Same Monitor Same Displayport Wire) I even went and bought a new DP wire and its still the same. Any help would be appreciated!

Benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/46303012

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.