1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved 144hz Monitor - Only 60hz Showing As Option

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by prudent44, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prudent44

prudent44 Thread Starter

I've had a 144hz monitor for a while now, (Acer GN246HL to be exact) and at first I struggled to get it to 144hz, but eventually I got it working. I just moved into my college dorm room and had to disconnect all my cables to my desktop obviously. Upon reconnecting, I realized that the 144hz option doesnt even show up on change display settings in windows, or nvidia graphics panel. I know I'm using the right DVI-D cable because its the same cable I used to get 144hz before. The setting doesnt even show up. I've tried updating both the graphics drivers and monitor drivers to no avail.

I should mention my main monitor is 1920x1080 and I have two other 1920x1080 monitors that are 60hz on either side using the extend display mode.

Any help is greatly appreciated.. thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1195466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice