1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

15,4'TFT WXGA (1280x800) laptop screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by uuziwuuzi, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. uuziwuuzi

uuziwuuzi Thread Starter

Cruz Mobile Turbo+
    Võimas sülearvuti, väga moodsa videokaardiga. Intel® Core Duo protsessor T2400 (1.83GHz), intel 945 Chipset, 1GB DDR II mälu, 120GB 5400rpm SATA kõvaketas, 15,4'TFT WXGA (1280x800), ATI Mobility Radeon x1600 512MB HM GDDRII video, DVD +/-RW Dual-layer kirjutaja, 56k modem, võrgukaart, WiFi 54Mbp võrgukaart, helikaart, Subwoofer, Firewire, IR, Bluetooth, TV-out (S-video), DVI, ExpressCard Slot, 3-in-1 kaardilugeja, 4x USB2.0, Li-Ion aku, kaal 2.9kg, aku kestvus ~3-4h, garantii 2 aastat price 1440 dollars

I broked my laptops screen acidently.
    The place where i bought my laptop sayd , new one costs about 665 dollars
    I dont wana pay thad much. CAnt i put someother 15,4' screen? much cheeper one:p. My freind told my thad, thad screens have diffrend plugs. Is theyr eny thing with what i can connect 2 diffrnd plugs?

2. kenleekenlee

kenleekenlee

What brand and model is this laptop?

3. uuziwuuzi

uuziwuuzi Thread Starter

If i unterstuud correctly.
    Brand(the company who made it) is beesting homesaite is www.beesting.ee but the language is estonian.
    Model (full name) is Cruz Mobile Turbo+ (computer name)
    screen model name is 15,4'TFT WXGA (1280x800) (i think)

sorry if this isent wat u askd

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I believe you'll surely come to grief trying to connect anything but a 100% compatible screen to that machine. You most CERTAINLY don't want a screen with a different plug, how would you connect it?

5. erick295

erick295

I'm not familiar with laptop screen interfaces, but if they are just VGA (and I suspect they probably are), then they should all be 15-wire connectors, so you could theoretically make a connector or just solder the wires together. If they're not VGA, then they are probably some other standard, even if the connectors are different shapes. That's a pretty far-fetched idea though, and I'd never actually try it -- I'd either get a compatible screen or a new laptop ;)

If you look on eBay you might find a parts model that is damaged or gutted, but still has a working screen. That's a pretty obscure model though. Chances are it's an Acer or something disguised as another brand, so you may be able to use other screens...

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

They're not just "VGA", most of them are digital interfaces. I can assure you that trying to solder a new connector onto a different model of LCD panel is a project that's almost sure to become an expensive can of worms! Have you ever taken a laptop apart? There is no room for splicing wires.

I agree with the search for a compatible replacement, it's the only sane answer to this issue. :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/532256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice