Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

15,4'TFT WXGA (1280x800) laptop screen

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
Cruz Mobile Turbo+
Võimas sülearvuti, väga moodsa videokaardiga. Intel® Core Duo protsessor T2400 (1.83GHz), intel 945 Chipset, 1GB DDR II mälu, 120GB 5400rpm SATA kõvaketas, 15,4'TFT WXGA (1280x800), ATI Mobility Radeon x1600 512MB HM GDDRII video, DVD +/-RW Dual-layer kirjutaja, 56k modem, võrgukaart, WiFi 54Mbp võrgukaart, helikaart, Subwoofer, Firewire, IR, Bluetooth, TV-out (S-video), DVI, ExpressCard Slot, 3-in-1 kaardilugeja, 4x USB2.0, Li-Ion aku, kaal 2.9kg, aku kestvus ~3-4h, garantii 2 aastat price 1440 dollars

I broked my laptops screen acidently.
The place where i bought my laptop sayd , new one costs about 665 dollars
I dont wana pay thad much. CAnt i put someother 15,4' screen? much cheeper one:p. My freind told my thad, thad screens have diffrend plugs. Is theyr eny thing with what i can connect 2 diffrnd plugs?

#4 ·
I believe you'll surely come to grief trying to connect anything but a 100% compatible screen to that machine. You most CERTAINLY don't want a screen with a different plug, how would you connect it?

#5 ·
I'm not familiar with laptop screen interfaces, but if they are just VGA (and I suspect they probably are), then they should all be 15-wire connectors, so you could theoretically make a connector or just solder the wires together. If they're not VGA, then they are probably some other standard, even if the connectors are different shapes. That's a pretty far-fetched idea though, and I'd never actually try it -- I'd either get a compatible screen or a new laptop ;)

If you look on eBay you might find a parts model that is damaged or gutted, but still has a working screen. That's a pretty obscure model though. Chances are it's an Acer or something disguised as another brand, so you may be able to use other screens...

#6 ·
They're not just "VGA", most of them are digital interfaces. I can assure you that trying to solder a new connector onto a different model of LCD panel is a project that's almost sure to become an expensive can of worms! Have you ever taken a laptop apart? There is no room for splicing wires.

I agree with the search for a compatible replacement, it's the only sane answer to this issue. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.