16 bit Windows Subsystem error on install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mjs69

Hi all

Getting a strange message when I try to install one of my older games from CD rom on my computer. I'm running Windows XP (SP3). The game was previously installed on the computer but I had to reformat my hard drive last spring. Now when I try to install it, I get a message that says...

16 bit Windows Subsystem
C:\Documents and Settings\me\LocalSettings\Temp\ A temporary file for initialization could not be created or could not be written to. Make sure the directory path exists, and disk space is available.

the path exists, and there is plenty of disk space.

I'm wondering if maybe my Comodo firewall/defense+ is messing it up, it doesn't seem to like the game...

Any ideas?

Couriant

James
Run the install file under Windows 95/98 compatibility mode, unless the game requires MS-DOS, then you will need to install DOSBOX. Which game is it?

mjs69

sorry for the late reply

Hasbro Interactive Axis & Allies

Which program on the disk do I apply the compatibility settings on? I tried a few of them like the setup and the autorun and it didn't work....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online