1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

16 bit Windows Subsystem error

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Crayox, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crayox

Crayox Thread Starter

Let me try posting again...I tried the Microsoft solution to this but still I get the same error.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.

Some other guy posted this, and on other forums, when THEY click close, everything closes. This error occurs to me only when I start 3D Studio MAX 5. and it works perfectly fine, no matter what I press 'Ignore' or 'close'.
    But still I wanna get rid of it.

I think the error occured after my last SpyBot scan, but I don't wanna undo its changes just yet, so those crappy things wouldn't spread on my system, not that they can...but you never know.

So any suggestions?

Again, I did try Microsoft suggestions, and replaced that file with a new one, but still I get the same error.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269763

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice