16 bit Windows Subsystem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WebDad

Win XP Home SP2

I too am receiving the following error:

C:\WINDOWS32\AUTOEXEC.NT The file system is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose close to terminate the application.

I have followed the instructions in the MS KB article: 324767

I have run the xp_fix.exe from visualtour.com

I have copied the autoexec.nt file from C:\WINDOWS\repair\ folder and pasted it into C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder.

all to NO AVAIL!

My system appears to run just fine with the exception that the error message appears every time I boot. :eek: :confused: :mad:

p.s. I don't understand why I can't post the url to the MS KB article.

That should fix the problem. Scan for malware with Ad-Aware, Spybot, and the MS Antispyware.

If you find anything with those scans that solves your problem, please let us know what it was.

WebDad

As I said, nothing I have tried has worked.

It was after my weekly run of SpyBot that the error message started.

Where does one get the MS Antispyware?

In the meantime, I'll run SpyBot and AdAware once more.

WebDad

I ran AdAware and I'm astounded it found 40(!) new critical objects, which I deleted.

I then ran SpyBot again (2nd time today) and it found 5(!) DSO Exploit entries, which I deleted.

Next I downloaded and ran MS Antispyware which found 4 more(!!) that I deleted.

Finally, I re-booted and the error message is still there!

WebDad

Yes, I read that thread through in it's entirety. I tried all of the suggestions as I posted earlier, but I still can't get rid of that error message. :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online