1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

16 year old kids, expensive cars, tricky curves

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by JohnWill, Sep 24, 2008.

Advertisement
  1. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator Thread Starter

Here's what's happening in my world out front of my house. I was in my office and heard lots of skidding sounds but no real crash, so I walked down the driveway to check what happened.

Three 16 year old kids driving a brand new Jag. From the looks of the skid marks, he must have been doing at least 55-60 and lost it on the curve right past my driveway, ran up the embankment and flipped it. It then skidded another 100 feet on the top before coming to rest. He also dug some nice trenches in the pavement before and after the flip.

I heard the driver talking to his father and spinning a truly BS story about another driver in his lane. I had to turn away to hide the smile. I'm going to guess that it'll be awhile before he gets to drive the replacement for this car! :)

The good news was that all of the kids were wearing their seat belts, and none of them had any injuries. They were all walking around and talking to various folks on their cell phones.

We regularly have crashes out front, there is a pretty steep hill, then a couple of sharp bends in the road, the first right before my driveway. I've lost count of the mailboxes I've replaced over the years. That bank has claimed at least a dozen cars since I've lived here alone, and many others don't even make the curve before they lose it. Then there's the guys coming the other way that cut the blind corner short and meet someone coming the other way. The highway dept. put up some large yellow arrows that actually helped, but certainly didn't solve the problem.

Attached Files:

2. twinofangelize56

twinofangelize56

WOW! Glad they weren't hurt!

I live near a curve on a highway! About 900 ft from it! This curve has had more accidents than I can remember since living here! It has arrow signs coming from both directions warning of it, but it hasn't stopped the accidents!

There have been a few fatalities! :(

We can hear the screeching tires as people slam on their brakes (if they do brake) and then the impact sounds! It's quite an awful feeling knowing exactly what we'll find! Sometimes we just hear the screeches and wait! No impact! That is a relief!

I did not take pictures! I never plan to!

I do notice that these things seem to happen when it's been raining or snowing! People are in too much of a hurry and don't determine the curve correctly!

3. JohnWill

This was a clear sunny day. We have lots of crashes in the winter and in bad weather, but also plenty on nice days where there is no real reason, other than bad driving.

It doesn't help that the speed limit down the hill is 45, then they come to the sharp curves at the bottom!

4. twinofangelize56

twinofangelize56

I agree on the bad driving too! There were a few of those! Based on skid marks it was usually someone or both hugging the center line and then some!

Speed limit is marked 55. Most people drive a lot faster and curves are a challenge I suppose!

5. johnnyburst79

johnnyburst79

Dumb, uh, donkey's. Why a father would let his 16 y/o son drive his nice Jag WITH all his friends in it is beyond me.

6. JohnWill

I'll bet the kid won't get another chance to do this! ;)

7. valis

valis Moderator

glad they're okay.....but something tells me that dad didn't 'let' them take the Jag out.....

8. lara84

lara84

The around in the world more and most expensive cars are there , and as well as it take too much of fuels consumption also ,,,,,,,,,,,

-------------------------
    Lara
    http://www.sreevyshcorp.in

9. buck52

buck52 Banned

I need a translator for that

10. JohnWill

I was pretty surprised that he was allowed to drive that one, hard to say if he was supposed to be using it. :)

I also need a translator for the next post.

11. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Something tells me that someone needs a swift kick you know where......Hopefully he'll be grounded until he's 18.

12. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Nice shot though, did you sent it into IReport? :D

13. JohnWill

I didn't send it to the news, but I thought it was decent for a cell phone picture. :) I wanted to take a couple more, but I thought I'd be somewhat conspicuous there snapping pictures of the poor kid's car with them standing around. ;)

14. valis

valis Moderator

dang, that was VERY decent for a cell phone picture......but then, I'm not one of those cell phone camera type peoples......phone for talking, camera for taking pictures, computer for kicking, etc.....everything has it's duty, no multitasking allowed. :)

15. JohnWill

Truthfully, if I could have gotten the cell phone without the camera, I would have. Whenever I would go to a aerospace manufacturer, anyone with a camera phone had to leave it with security, but the non-camera phones were fine to take with you inside.

Now that I'm retired, that's not an issue, but I rarely think of the camera in the phone. It just came to me as I was standing there. :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!