16BIT DOS error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PC_DISK1

Can someone help with this one. I cant run any dos apps in 2000. Someone told me to put this in my config.nt but he's not sure if it will work.

shell=%winnt%\system32\command.com /p /e:size
where "size" is the environment space you want.

But what dose environment space mean?

But when I type in command.com from start: Run: I get the same error.

Please Help
Thanks

Check your PC out at MS Updates: <a href="http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/" target="_blank">http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/</a>. There may be a compatibility update that you need. This can actually make a big difference, MS released a number of updates for Win2K when it was released.

To run "legacy" apps, I usually do so from a command prompt with the command:

%COMSPEC% /c /E:1024 c:\mypath\myapp.exe

(where c:\mypath\myapp.exe is the path and application's executable name. Enclose this in quotes if there are any spaces in the path, like "c:\program files\mypath\myapp.exe".)

You might want to toggle to the directory where the application is located first:

c:
cd\mypath

...for example. Many older apps get "lost" if you try to start them in a directory different from the one they are located in.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts