1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

16gb pendrive problem on XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bl4ze, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bl4ze

bl4ze Thread Starter

Hello There,

I have a Toshiba Satellite L300-11F laptop, using XP Professional w/ SP3 on it.
    It comes with 3 USB ports.
    I have an older 1GB pendrive and just recently purchased a Maxell 16GB pendrive.
    The pendrive works flawless at work, desktop pc but does not seem to work with the laptop.

I managed to use it only once, since then the laptop USB port simply does not recognize it.
    I can tell it as the red led is not flashing and the pendrive can not be accessed.
    I tried using the supplied Toshiba USB hub, no luck either [​IMG]

The 2 USB ports are ok as I use mouse, digital camera with it.
    So is the 16GB pendrive, it works perfectly using other machines eg desktop pcs

Am I missing some USB drivers or whats the problem ? :eek:
    Please help as I need to be able to use the unit on the laptop too.

Thank you! :cool:

blaze

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/800394

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice