1920 by 1440 Monitor Resolution for Games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

windgod14

So i have a Monitor that is capable of using way higher resolutions that it is letting me to use since i updated the drivers.

current: 1600 * 1200
Should be able to do : 1920 by 1440

MY graphics card is a Nvida 8800 GT - Alpha dog edition, and can do much more than that

What ways would there be to increase my max resolution, not just for desktop use but for gaming use as well.

Examples: Registry? Create a driver somehow?

Sounds like you have a CRT and most CRTs (old tube style) can't do 1920x1440 and can do the 1600x1200 only interlaced. What is the make and model of monitor you have?

windgod14

to tell you the truth, i dont know.
But i have run it on these settings for about a year now and it not running under them is pissing me off

windgod14

Ive gotten it to run on the 1920 by 1440 normally, but all my games don't even list the resolution.
While on other computers i have played the game on, have had the resolution listed, as to be supported by the games.
Is there any way to maybe edit the registry or something to allow the resolution in them?

Triple6

Rob
Ok, but what monitor do you have?

Only newer games support widescreen resolutions.

windgod14

NEC MultiSync FE2111SB-BK.

and these games are new enough
(Orange box, combat arms, star wars empire at war, company of hero's, ect.)

Triple6

Rob
Ok, so the monitor supports that resolution.

Some games have an option to enable Widescreen modes, apart from the normal resolution selections. And some games may not support it.

But the game resolution is going to be completely separate from the normal Windows/Desktop resolution. Games ignore your desktop resolution.

I think I'll move this thread to the Games section.

Triple6

Rob
I don't have, nor played, any of those games so I don't know what resolutions they offer and where to find those settings.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online