1969: In Event of Moon Disaster

ekim68

Mike
It's amazing, isn't it? How much they prepare for everything? Thanks for the link.
I've saved it..

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
Hi Mike...I wonder if they prepare such a speech for every space mission...like when the shuttle resumes it's missions! :( It's a sad fact we all have to face even now...going up safely doesn't necessarily guarantee a safe return to earth....:( I still say astronauts are national heroes! (y) :)

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
I doubt they write a special one for each event, especially today, but I would also bet that have a generic one ready to go just in case. This one sure was well written, though! I wonder what other steps they took to prepare for this possibility (i.e. pills just in case).

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
A very sad thought, but it would beat waiting to run out of air... :( Thank goodness it didn't come to that! Did you notice that they were directed to disconnect the communications after the speech? That would be a tough switch the throw.

angelize56

Mike: I guess if I was lost in space...I'd rather take pills to lull me to sleep, then death vs. dying from suffocating....:(....I'm sure God would understand and forgive....

Well I know they didn't have a speach prepared when the Challenger space shuttle exploded. I was watching live and there was dead silence coming over the air. That was the main indication that something was very wrong. It didn't lookjust right either. :(

Mike--we need some type of contingency plan here in case something happens to Mulder--have you thought about that yet? :confused:

angelize56

:D Mike: A classicly great answer!!! :D

Mulder: Don't even say such a thing! :eek: You're such a part of TSG...you know you'd be missed!! ;) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online