1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

1st time build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sizorz, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sizorz

sizorz Thread Starter

ok, jumped in to my first build with both feet. but it appears i landed on my butt. lol... asus m5a88-v evo mobo...amd phenon II x 4 955 3.2g ame rt cpu. seems mobo specs do not support this processor. looked it up in asus site. that said, i havent found anyone that has a supported processor, acording to the support guide at asus. my problem is random crashes black screen, white screen yellow screen with viritcal brown lines, white screen with black vertical lines, and once a light blue screen. queston; could the onboard grafics card be dieing or is it because of the missmatched componants.:confused:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

If it says the processor is not supported, it won't work properly. There is a possibility that a BIOS update supports more processors, but read the release notes. Don't do anything that dangerous unless you are sure it adds the support you want.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I do not know what you are looking at however when I check the specs, the 955 IS a supported cpu. Here is the cpu support page for your board.
    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/M5A88V_EVO/#CPUS

Next if you want advise, post your exact system specs; ie exact mb AND what bios is currently used, exact cpu since there are more than one 955, the exact ram you have installed, the exact pw supply you have installed, etc, etc. Post links to your parts if possible.

Next you need to post your temps and voltages; specifically the cpu temp, mb or system temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. This info is available in the bios OR you can download and install asus probe from the asus site.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027476

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice