2.0 usb pci card not showing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

puter hater

Some time ago I added a 2.0 usb pci card on my computer. It has never registered as 2.0 just 1.0. I was lazy and did not follow up to fine out why. But now I need to know why. I need to 2.0 for my new printer . Where do I go in my computer to determined the maker of the card so maybe I can up date drivers . I really do not want to open the computer if I do not have to .

I I have the 2.0 usb pci card and Ihave 1.0 hub on top of the desk.

Thank you in advance..

puter hater

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If you're running 2K or XP, all you have to do is update to 2K-SP2 or XP-SP2, and the USB will be recognized with no additional drivers. Of course, anything plugged into the USB 1.1 hub will not run at USB 2.0 speeds, you'll need a USB 2.0 hub.

puter hater

I am running sp1 on xp. For some reason I had issues with sp2 a while back. So I stayed with 1. Do I have to have sp2 in order to have 2.0?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online