1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(2) 22" monitor Setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brandonbr, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brandonbr

brandonbr Thread Starter

Hello

I want to setup two 22" monitors on a PC what hardware would I need I order for this to be possible? Thanks for any response.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Providing some details of the PC would help, but basically you need a video card with dual outputs.
    Most video cards these days have dual outputs, but "on board" integrated video does not.

More details needed...

3. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Yup, either a graphics card with 2 outputs, or if you have a board that will take it, 2 cards. IF you have PCI e or AGP, if you can find an old PCI card, that would work, but dont expect too much in the way of resolution :)
    As for setting up, windows does most of it for you.

4. brandonbr

brandonbr Thread Starter

It an hp dc5000 and it only has pci slots. Could I just use the on board vga and a extra pci card for the 2nd monitor?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice