Solved 2.4GHz working, but not 5GHz. Windows 10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rolson

Roland
I have a Asus PCE-AC68 wireless card and can connect to my router TG799vacxtream on 2.4GHz, but I cannot see the 5GHz. That's strange, because I see it on my laptop running Windows 10 and on my iPhone and iPad. Only the Asus card cannot see the 5GHz. When I contacted Asus they put the blame on Windows latest update, and when I contacted Microsoft the put the blame on Asus and that they must update their driver. I contacted Asus again and asked for a date to have a updated driver but they can't tell. Strange policy?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 12286 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 394 GB (246 GB Free); D: 2794 GB (1373 GB Free); F: 3725 GB (1882 GB Free); G: 28 GB (15 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P7P55D-E PRO
Antivirus: BullGuard Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Has it ever worked at 5GHz with Windows 10 ?

Rolson

Roland
No. I got the new router just some weeks ago. The one I had before did not have 5GHz, only 2.4GHz.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
No. I got the new router just some weeks ago. The one I had before did not have 5GHz, only 2.4GHz.
Ok.

Check here at 'Drivers & Tools' to see if you have the latest driver (choose Windows 10 64 bit from the OS drop-down list) :-
https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/PCEAC68/HelpDesk_Download/

If you need the 300MB download you can install the driver alone, after extracting the files from the downloaded zip file this way :-
Device Manager > Network adapters > right-click your Asus wireless entry > Update driver > Browse my computer... > click Browse and go to the folder you extracted the zip file too > Drivers > Windows 10 > select the .inf file > Next

Rolson

Roland
My driver is 6.30.223.75. from 2013-04-26. When I search Asus I cannot find any driver to download. I enter Windows 10 64-bit but see no driver to download. Why?

Rolson

Roland
When I used Firefox there was no download link, but with Opera it was, so now I will download and update the driver. Then I'll come back and tell if it solved the problem.

Rolson

Roland
With the new driver the problem is solved. It turns out that Firefox was not able to show the link to the new driver, but Opera could. Now the card can find the 5GHz and instead of 133 Mbps I have well over 1000Mbps.
Thanks for your support!

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You're welcome. Strange that Firefox couldn't show that link.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online