2 CD-R's/CD player won't play both."Y"?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

naeem2

Hi,
I bought a CD player off Ebay. an older RCA model. the seller said it played CD-r. I tried a CD-r I had burned with Nero. It would not play. That same CD plays fine on another older Phillips player.
Another CD-r owned by a friend will play on the the RCA player and he is sure his CD-r is a wave file like mine even though he did not use Nero.
Why would one CD-r play and the other not?
thanks

It all depends on how and what speed the CD-R are burnt.

Have you tried cleaning the lense of the defunct cd Player?

naeem2

I do not know how to clean the lense...and the defunct player does play the other guy's cd-r.
What speed and "how" should I burn the Cd's so that they will play on it?
I record at lower speeds I think. In fact, I do not think I changed any settings on Nero, just checked "audio" and let it do it's own thing...whatever their pre-settings are.
thanks!

I doubt that the difference is in the recording software but in your burners or blank media. If the reader is marginal you might just not be making as good a recording. Many entertainment players are fussy about reading CDR and it is common to record to one brand of CDR and have it play where another won’t from the same recorder. Or to have CDRs burned on one recorder be more reliable than another.

If you have some canned air you can blow it toward the laser/reader – no too close. Or if you have one of those cleaning CDs from the record store it might work.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'll toss my hat in with the blank media type as the probable culprit. I've seen this on older CD drives a lot.

naeem2

well, the CD-R that played on the older RCA model was Maxell. Mine was..."gulp"....office depot brand. I do have some Memorex and will try those. I wanted to give the player and burned Cd's to a friend in another country so I do need some recordings that will play on it. I assume Memorex will do fine. I'll try them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online