1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 failed hardrives in one week?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fftljoe, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fftljoe

fftljoe Thread Starter

So my buddy had this dell inspiron laptop and his harddrive failed, so he bought a new one and it failed within the week. so he bought a new laptop. i asked for the broken one, to fix. just wondering what the problem could be, if the laptop itself is ruining the hardrives.

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

Can you be a little more specific in the HD failed and what made you think that was the problem? It may well be something else. Black screen, dead in the water, BSOD? What exactly is occurring. Thanks, Jazz

3. fftljoe

fftljoe Thread Starter

well, i go to start it up and it just stops before loading the windows screen. i try to reload windows after a format and it hangs up on crcdrive.sys. thats about all i can tell you

4. jazz3000

jazz3000

What's the OS your installing. crcdrive.sys. -Vista or XP...Jazz

5. fftljoe

fftljoe Thread Starter

vista

6. jazz3000

jazz3000

From what I'm reading Microsoft had recently put out an update that has cause a problem like this with many Vista users. Do you still have the original hard drive? I'm wondering if he had auto updates and he was one of the lucky people to have downloaded it.
    http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2841505&SiteID=17
    Start by reading some of these posts. I'm still weeding through things here. Jazz

7. jazz3000

jazz3000

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice