2 formulas in one cell using "IF"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alphadave

Hi there,

I'm drawing up a spreadsheet whereby I can enter the cost price of a product, select a margin from a drop-down menu using data validation and have the sale price come up automatically.

Thus far, I have my cost price in A2, and my list of margin data values in B2, and am using the formula C2=A2/(1-B2) which is working great. However, I'd like to add the value "custom" to my list in B2, and alter the formula in C2 so that when custom is selected from the list, and a different margin is entered into D2, the formula will effectively be C2=A2/(1-D2); without messing up the original formula.

Thanks.

etaf

Wayne
C2=A2/(1-B2) which is working great. However, I'd like to add the value "custom" to my list in B2, and alter the formula in C2 so that when custom is selected from the list, and a different margin is entered into D2, the formula will effectively be C2=A2/(1-D2)
in C2 put

IF(B2="custom", A2/(1-D2), A2/(1-B2))

should do the trick

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online