1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 formulas in one cell using "IF"

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by alphadave, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alphadave

alphadave Thread Starter

Hi there,

I'm drawing up a spreadsheet whereby I can enter the cost price of a product, select a margin from a drop-down menu using data validation and have the sale price come up automatically.

Thus far, I have my cost price in A2, and my list of margin data values in B2, and am using the formula C2=A2/(1-B2) which is working great. However, I'd like to add the value "custom" to my list in B2, and alter the formula in C2 so that when custom is selected from the list, and a different margin is entered into D2, the formula will effectively be C2=A2/(1-D2); without messing up the original formula.

Thanks.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    in C2 put

IF(B2="custom", A2/(1-D2), A2/(1-B2))

should do the trick

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087770

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice