1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 Hard Disks with Windows 7 installed

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Zigui, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zigui

Zigui Thread Starter

My Hard Disk has a/some bad sector/sectors, and the audio service stopped working. The PC technician installed a new Hard Disk of the same size (500Mby) and made a copy of the old one contents. Of course the new HD is in the first location and the old in the second.
    Now I can bootstrap in the new HD or in the old HD (using F10).

Question 1- If I load via the old HD, and request a Windows 7 repair, the repair will be made only in the old HD, without interfering in the new HD? There is some routine to be followed?

Question 2- in the old HD I have installed the 2016 Office, whose installation was made through a one time online allowance. There is any way I can run the 2016 Office from the new HD? (I have only the Office 2007 disk, which at present is installed at the new HD)

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

I am unsure what this is
    There is no such capacity MB is megabytes and for example 1000MB is 1GB
    and if you do mean 500MB you could not even install Windows 7 on it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1186070

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice