1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 hard drives 2 operating systems.?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by timothye, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. timothye

timothye Thread Starter

hello -
    i'll try and make this simple .
    i have 1 HD with windows installed on it ,it's having probs i need to format .
    i have another HD that also has winodws installed ,im going to use that HD.
    my question is . im only using 1 HD the other isnt connected ,its a back up HD.
    i want to connect them both and transfer the important files over to the back HD up from the HD thats having the problems .where should i put all the files from the HD that is having problems,so i can see them when i am using the back up HD .so i can see the files from the problem HD ,so i can transfer over the files .?
    c:/
    the reason i ask is i have alot of stuff on the problem HD that is on the desktop and in my documents folder ect..
    if im not booting up from the Problem HD then i wont be able to see the desktop folders ,my documents ect..,right ?
    i hope this isnt confusing .
    thanks .

2. Cybertrion

Cybertrion

Make your backup HDD primary master and problem HDD primary slave. Boot your computer. Windows will take care of your drive letters, so you should have any problem copying the data.

3. timothye

timothye Thread Starter

so no need to move files into the c:/ area where programs ,windows ATI ,Nvidia folders are ? =)

very nice . thanks a million

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/300602