1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 hard drives 2 OS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dan smith, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dan smith

dan smith Thread Starter

I just got a hard drive with win2k but I am currently using a hd with win98. Question: Can I boot between the 2 HD and different OS's? Do I make 1 the master and the other the slave? ...........
    Also I probably just will want to use win2k hard drive, how do I move files on 98 like excel to win2k? ..........Does widows OS needing to be on C:\ pose a problem concerning these 2 hard drives with 2 OS's?

Thanks, Dan

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

The W98 disk will have to be the primary master, though the W2K disk can be the slave. You'll have to run a system repair from the W2K CD to get the boot files for the W2K system on the W98 root so you can boot W2K.

3. dan smith

dan smith Thread Starter

Thanks for the help but how do I find or do the system repair files on the W2K CD? And this will be done using 98?
    Thanks again, Dan

4. Jtoast

Jtoast

5. dan smith

dan smith Thread Starter

I'll give it a try this week and let you know how it goes.

Dan

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117693

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice