2 hard drives 2 OS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dan smith

I just got a hard drive with win2k but I am currently using a hd with win98. Question: Can I boot between the 2 HD and different OS's? Do I make 1 the master and the other the slave? ...........
Also I probably just will want to use win2k hard drive, how do I move files on 98 like excel to win2k? ..........Does widows OS needing to be on C:\ pose a problem concerning these 2 hard drives with 2 OS's?

Thanks, Dan

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The W98 disk will have to be the primary master, though the W2K disk can be the slave. You'll have to run a system repair from the W2K CD to get the boot files for the W2K system on the W98 root so you can boot W2K.

dan smith

Thanks for the help but how do I find or do the system repair files on the W2K CD? And this will be done using 98?
Thanks again, Dan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online