1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 hard drives

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by secci, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. secci

secci Thread Starter

Well, it has been awhile sinced I posted. the last time I was here. I had questions building my computer. We just completed it. It is awesome!! THANKS FOR YOU HELP!!!

No my questions: I kept my old hard drive, but I need to access the registry to get a serial # for my nero software. I saw a post about a site to download but could not fully open the porgram. Please help, I need to use this software ASAP.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

You need to access the registry on your old hard drive? I think you'll need to boot to it.

3. secci

secci Thread Starter

Ummmm.... how do i do that...

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

In your bios setup, do you have the option to boot to ide 0 or ide 1?

5. Bruce319

Bruce319

If your new computer has a new hard drive set to Master and connected to the end of the IDE cable, then set the second hard drive with the serial # to Slave and connect it to the IDE connector right below it. You'll then be able to access that hard drive.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167131

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice