2 hard drives

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

secci

Well, it has been awhile sinced I posted. the last time I was here. I had questions building my computer. We just completed it. It is awesome!! THANKS FOR YOU HELP!!!

No my questions: I kept my old hard drive, but I need to access the registry to get a serial # for my nero software. I saw a post about a site to download but could not fully open the porgram. Please help, I need to use this software ASAP.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
You need to access the registry on your old hard drive? I think you'll need to boot to it.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
In your bios setup, do you have the option to boot to ide 0 or ide 1?

If your new computer has a new hard drive set to Master and connected to the end of the IDE cable, then set the second hard drive with the serial # to Slave and connect it to the IDE connector right below it. You'll then be able to access that hard drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online