1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 hard virus

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mob, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mob

mob Thread Starter

man i ran the avg virus scan and got over 2000 files infected by the win32/parite and win32/hidrag .how can i get rid of these virus please. i tryed ad aware, spybot,hi jack this but no hope.it keep saying it cant be remove.can someone please tell me some steps to help??? :mad:

2. LooneyTunes

LooneyTunes

Hi

Try booting into safe mode and running the anti virus again. Hopefully the files it cant delete should no longer be in use.
    Be warned however that with such a mass of infection, it wouldnt surprise me if some of your critical system files were infected. Ideally make sure you back up your important data first.

If you find you need to wipe your system, make sure you scan the media before using.

Hope that helps.

3. mobo

mobo

I would not normally suggest this method of support but in light of the amount of infected files I have to think a complete format /reinstall would be the best course of action in your case.

4. Cris_Cr0ss

Cris_Cr0ss

I am wondering how one got so badly infected

5. mobo

mobo

Mind boggling that it could get so far gone to me.

6. LooneyTunes

LooneyTunes

We get about one case similar to this at work about every 2 weeks or so out og approx 50 pc's.

Lots of downloading, internet use - no anti virus.
    The virusus he/she has, are probably a lot of the same type, that have copied themselves many times to different files.

7. mobo

mobo

That translates into a changing of the guard as far as surfing habits and antivirus protection go .

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!