2 hardrives on 1 pc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

12tipp12

Hi folks, my problem is this, i put a new hardrive & installed everything(xp pro) and now ive decided to also leave the older disk in the pc, can i select which drive to boot to without having to set the bios, Both drives work ok and i would just like to be able to select the drive as the pc boots in a similar way to selecting which os to boot if one has more than one os on the same disk. Thanks in advance.

Bill.

As far as I can remember- you have to change it in Bois in order to get to the other OS because HD1 doesn't know about HD2 and vis-versa

12tipp12

Thanks 2 Drew & loser for your replies/advice, i dont know much about boot loaders so if ye or anyone else can give me further advice/info about this aspect of computing i will appreciate it, Many thanks.

Bill.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online