1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 hardrives on 1 pc

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 12tipp12, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 12tipp12

12tipp12 Thread Starter

Hi folks, my problem is this, i put a new hardrive & installed everything(xp pro) and now ive decided to also leave the older disk in the pc, can i select which drive to boot to without having to set the bios, Both drives work ok and i would just like to be able to select the drive as the pc boots in a similar way to selecting which os to boot if one has more than one os on the same disk. Thanks in advance.

Bill.

2. Drew7997

Drew7997

As far as I can remember- you have to change it in Bois in order to get to the other OS because HD1 doesn't know about HD2 and vis-versa

3. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Yep, but you should be able to use a good boot loader to get around this, GRUB should do the trick...

http://geodsoft.com/howto/dualboot/grub.htm

Just the first one that looked like it was on the right track.

4. 12tipp12

12tipp12 Thread Starter

Thanks 2 Drew & loser for your replies/advice, i dont know much about boot loaders so if ye or anyone else can give me further advice/info about this aspect of computing i will appreciate it, Many thanks.

Bill.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice