2 Hardware Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cris_Cr0ss

1: My Video card Evega 6600 AGP video card fan makes alot of noise for some strange reason

2: My Pioneer DVR-109 is no longer recognized by my computer, I tried playing around with power cables to see if there was an issue because i had unplugged it for testing purposes and now it just wont recognize it.

Hi,
Is your Pioneer a PCI or USB device?
If it's USB then after unplugging you'll need to plug into the same port.

As for the noise...it might be dust.

Cheers

Cris_Cr0ss

no its a dvd drive so its plugged in via IDE cables and the regular power cables

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If it appears in Device Manager with an error code, try this fix.

Fix for missing DVD/CD drives.

Create a text file with NOTEPAD containing the following data exactly as below and name it FIXCD.REG
You should have 3 boxes on the bottom in NOTEPAD.
1)Filename : fixcd.reg
2)Save as type: all files
3)Encoding: ANSI
If you do not change it from txt type to All files type, then the file will actually be fixcd.reg.txt, this won't accomplish the desired result

Double click on the file and say yes to the merge into registry question.

----------------------- Use text after this line, contents of FIXCD.REG -----------------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
"UpperFilters"=-
"LowerFilters"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdr4_2K]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdralw2k]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdudf]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UdfReadr]
------------------------------ Use text before this line --------------------------------

sounds like it arched itself when unplugging, Was the Power on when you either unplugged or plugged it in? And I mean even the switch in the back. or pluged into the wall.

Cris_Cr0ss

im not sure what you mean by 'arch itself' but no i had the computer completly off and i had grounded myself before unplugging it that includes power outlet..

meant "arced" Sorry.- you say "i had grounded myself before unplugging it that includes power outlet.. " how do you ground yourself prior to pulling the plug? Just curious. Typically you pull the plug, open case, and then ground yourself to the chassis.

Cris_Cr0ss

from my freshman tech class i learned to ground myself by leaving the psu still plugged in and touching it, then i go on to unplug the power cords and get to work.

Ok lets see, some stupid questions,
1) Did you make sure its proparly connected?
2) Have you swoped the IDE cable?
3) Are the jumpers correct?
4) Did you unplug, startup without, shutdown and reconnected the drive?
5) Does the ROM light flash when inserting a disk or even open?

I dont mean to sound condersending but I would just like more details.

Thanks,
Cheers

Cris_Cr0ss

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes they havent been touched as it was working before
4) no i unpluggged then shutdown
5) yes it does open

May I add that now XP is recognizing my DVD Drive but it wont let me use it, for example any blank media is read as not empty and everytime i have a cd/dvd in the drive n open my computer, my computer hangs and i need to remove the drive. What do you recomend?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online