1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 MANY Bottom right-hand corner ICONS

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jamonit, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jamonit

jamonit Thread Starter

:( (n) I hope I am referencing the correct name for the icons that appear on the bottom right hand side of the screen during my computer use. I would like to only see the programs I am currently using. For example I am only using netzero right now but in the bottom right hand corner I can see the following ICONS : volumne icon, safetly remove hardware, updates, local area connection a network cable is unplugged, hp photosmart print is not connected, norton internet security, spysubtract, and netzero.

2. Augie65

Augie65

That is the notification area. Right click on the taskbar and select properties. On the Taskbar tab, check the box: Hide inactive icons and hit Customize button. On the list click the icons you want to change and from the dropdown, you can select to always hide, always show, or hide when inactive. Apply and OK your changes.

3. jamonit

jamonit Thread Starter

I have also posted a message sying that my ctrl alt delete is not working do the items appearing in the noitification area block me from using ctrl alt delete? I did what you recommened as far as hiding items inthe notification area. Thank you so much.

4. Augie65

Augie65

Are you able to right click the taskbar and select Task Manager? If not, you might need to run the Repair or Enable the Task Manager from Taskbar Repair Tool Plus. Check the last listing under Taskbar.

5. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

the items you refer to are loading on startup and you don't need all of them.

start/run

type msconfig then click ok.

in the right corner you'll see startup and all the checkmarks are the items that show up by the clock.

if you un check items you'll be doing a selective startup.
    i only have my anti virus loading on startup and everything works.

6. jamonit

jamonit Thread Starter

There are so many items to de-select once i do msconfig How do i know which ones are absolutely necessary in order for the computer to run properly. Also, any reason why I can do ctrl-alt-delete. thanks everyone!

7. jamonit

jamonit Thread Starter

Taskbar repair tools didn't work for some reason. Do I need to close out of everything I am working on?

8. Fidelista

Fidelista

Which ones to uncheck in msconfig start ???.
    This is the easiest site to use ---everything {almost } listed alpha.
    Just find the item and click it --- a wndow will open and tell you exactly what it is -- and if it is needed at startup. >f

http://www.lafn.org/webconnect/mentor/startup/PENINDEX.HTM

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/475320

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice