1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 Mice, 1 Computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fleshtheworld, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fleshtheworld

fleshtheworld Thread Starter

The real title is 2 mouse 1 comp. . But it was so similar to ... i just had to...

So sometimes my nephew comes over and he wants to play Age of Empire or GTA, etc. I usually let him play on the computer. The problem is, i have work, things i want to do, and right now im in school.

So I want to know how to setup my computer so that 2 mouse and keyboards can simultaneously use it. And can even split the screen if needed, or use 2 monitors. ETC. But all done on 1 computer. Just as long as my computer can handle the resource and processing.

So he would play games and do whatever he wants while im also doing whatever i want.

Iv been researching a bit, so i learned about VNC, and a bit about virtual desktops. But still no definite way of doing it yet. So i hope you guys can clarify how it is done.

Additionally, lets say i got rich, and bought a big big screen, or whatever, and some people are over and they want to play games or do other things on the computer. It would be nice if i could split it up. Hell, even split it up into more then 2 if needed. We can all share and split the screen or just have a bunch of mouse on screen, or use different monitors, etc.

I know, why not just get more computers. Well sure, but its cooler to be able to just use 1 computer and use all that trick instead. Plus, for my situation, i rather not buy a new computer.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I don't think you will be able to do what you wish to do.

1) VNC and virtual desktops allow a user on one computer to view and control the desktop of another computer. Two computers are involved, not one computer and two pairs of mouse and keyboard.

2) Even if you managed to get both pairs of mouse and keyboard working independently on two different programs, some games require a lot of heavy CPU usage. This would most likely cause annoying dropped frames in the game and your programs would run at a maddeningly slow pace.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    No you really didn't have too so I edited the title and post for you. Please keep in mind this a family oriented forum.

4. fleshtheworld

fleshtheworld Thread Starter

Lol, ok at the edit.

Well at least its possible. My computer can handle the cpu usage so that's not a problem. But i guess its never been done before so there's no known method around. Thanks anyways.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024736

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice