1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 Operating Systems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MM_graveyard, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MM_graveyard

MM_graveyard Thread Starter

My bro accidently installed 2 OS's on his comp. He had originally windows 98 and upgraded to Xp. Now it's slowing down his comp, How does he Uninstall 98 without harming Xp?

2. craigk777

craigk777

he actually does not have 2 operating systems, xp will upgrade from 98. the reason it is slow is probably because either the processor is older or there is not enough ram to run xp or both. what speed is yhe processor and how much system ram is there?

3. Deathblow

Deathblow

Did he install XP to the same partition and directory, or a different one than where 98 was installed?

4. MM_graveyard

731 MHz and 64.0MB of RAM. And I belive he did install it in the same directory as 98.

5. craigk777

craigk777

I would say it is running slow because of only having 64mb ram. XP uses that up by itself, I would add more ram if you are able. that will help some.

6. Deathblow

Deathblow

Well, that system really isn't up to Par to running XP. It will be very slow and some functions will not be available. Check here for more information on Minimum requirements: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/evaluation/sysreqs.mspx.

He was probably better off sticking to 98, or upgrading to 98 Second Edition if he wasn't already running SE.

7. MM_graveyard

hehe ok, thank you guys very much, I really appreciate it.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/283868

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice