1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 operating systems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by fevola25, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fevola25

fevola25 Thread Starter

I have been given a computer, when I turn it on, it asks me which OS i want to use, windows 2000 or windows xp pro.

Is there a way I can delete windows 2000 so as I only have the 1 OS ?

2. Claymore

Claymore

Hi,

Go to Start => Run and type in msconfig
    Under the BOOT.INI tab click the 'Check All Boot Paths' button.

3. fevola25

fevola25 Thread Starter

Hi, Ok, done that and it says 'It appears that all BOOT.INI lines for Microsoft operating system are OK.'

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

All that does i check all of the paths for operating systems. Since you already have two you will get a dual boot.

What is going to have to be known is what drives the operating systems are on?

If Windows 2000 is on drive C:\ then if you want to keep Windows XP a clean install would be in-store with formating what ever drive is the other OS first before doing the clean installation so you do not end up with a dual boot all over again.

5. Claymore

Claymore

Sorry fevola. I misread the post. :eek:
    ozromie has the right question.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/520286

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice