1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 operating systems?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by xbox_earth, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xbox_earth

xbox_earth Thread Starter

hello everybody...
    I was wondering if i could have 2 operating systems on one computer because i am having problems with my windows xp home edition sp2..and if so , can someone point me in the right direction

Can i use two operating systems, and then delete the unwanted one?...because i dont want to delete it and then install the other one, just in case something goes bad

Also i can get a spanish version of office xp 2006..is there any way i can change it from spanish to english??

Lastly.. If i change or operate with 2 operating systems...can i still have all the files i have on both systems, or will i have nothing on the other operating system...

2. bonk

bonk Banned

No you cannot.

3. xbox_earth

xbox_earth Thread Starter

can anyone help me with the other questions?

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Yes, you can have two operating systems on one computer. It sounds like you want to install the same operating system you're currently running only create a second instance. Is this correct?

Also, describe what operating system disks you have. Do you have full installation disks, or are they recovery disks that came with your computer labeled as such?

There is no such thing as Office XP 2006. There's Office XP, Office 2003, and Office 2007. Whatever version you have, if it's a Spanish version, there isn't a way to "convert" it to English. You'd have to purchase an English version.

If you have a computer with two operating systems, it may or may not be possible to access files from one to the other. That depends on what operating systems are installed and on what types of file systems they were installed on. This only applies to files. It does not apply to programs. You cannot run programs from one operating system to another.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/564132

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice