1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 partitions accidentally deleted

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mark03, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark03

mark03 Thread Starter

hi guys,

it's a little complicated. i have win xp pro sp2 and suse 9.0 on my computer (PT4, 1.8 ghz) installed. now i wanted to uninstall suse 9.0 to test mandrake 10.0. i didn't know what to do ,so i asked a friend. he said you need only to delete this two partions and all is gone. the result: i couldn't boot up my computer anymore because the system was booted by the grub bootloader.
    i needed to access win so i decided ( i had still some start up floppy disk ) to install win xp sp1 on my d-drive in order to access dive c. it worked. before i tried to boot and install from the installation disk but this didn't work. after " windows is inspecting your hardware" the screen went black.
    now what can i do? on my d-drive are still this two partion from suse 9.0. the computer tells me, it's free space but i have no access. how can i recover this space to drive d?
    what will happen when i delete win xp sp1 again? can i still boot up?

thanks a lot for your help.

2. jarchack

jarchack

and boot then go to the recovery console and type "fixmbr". If you are going to play around with linux as a second os I suggest you learn more about dual booting. Of course, after you install MDK 10 you may not use anything else. I installed mandrake 9.2 and haven't used my xp box in quite some time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice