2 pc's, cable connection using hub, no access to one

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sara39

we have 2 pc's here, cable connection, we're using a hub and router but one of the pc's is not being recognized as being on the internet when trying to launch Yahoo Messenger and ICQ. I can surf the internet and all but these programs will not connect. Also getting these errors in my outlook express

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'Begonias', Server: 'pop3.norton.antivirus', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server. Account: 'MaryMac', Server: 'pop3.norton.antivirus', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC15

should I renew/release in the winipcfg on the main pc that the cable comes into? (the maine pc is working just fine)

arggggggggggggh!

help is appreciated!

Del

When you installed ICQ and Yahoo Messenger, were you connected directly to the internet or were you setup as you are now? Might be in the setup, still looking for the direct connection.

Your email is probably due to Norton's setup. You can always change the pop server to what your ISP tells you to use and change the account name to what it should be. You will get your email, then when you update Norton, it should reactivate the AV and change the names again, but it should work after that.
Del

sara39

Thats just what I did.....I got rid of Norton's all together it was always giving me trouble with my email. Switched to the AVG antivirus instead. Everything is working fine again!!

You guys are all a lot of help here!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online