1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 persistant BSOD's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xenogen, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xenogen

xenogen Thread Starter

have just finished a new build and everything is going fine except for these two BSOD's that seem to occur pretty much randomly... i have a hunch that its my video cards, nvidia 8500 (x2) with the most updated drivers. I'm running xp pro sp2 with two monitors, one connected to each video card (vga). the 2 BSOD's are "BAD_POOL_HEADER" and "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA". after the last couple of BSOD'd i have also noticed that whenever i restart my left (main) monitor drops two the lowest resolution and both drop to the lowest colour settings AND for some strange reason my taskbar is moved to the right hand monitor. both video cards are brand new.

2. xenogen

xenogen Thread Starter

problem getting worse fast, the BSOD's are almost immediate now, and there is a new one "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT", im going to try verifier...

3. xenogen

xenogen Thread Starter

and another "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", basically im at the point that i cant do anything, i cant access safe mode or any other mode, cant get into bios, cant really do anything since my keybard suddenly stopped working unless plugged in as usb, and so cant be used durin boot, i guess it would probably work from a boot disk.. also had one BSOD that looked exactly like the others except that it didnt have any large phrase with underscores, must be a generic error :p

4. chrome57

chrome57

Try removing the video cards

5. xenogen

xenogen Thread Starter

the board has no onboard vga so it would be very hard to tell if that was the problem :p

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!