1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 PROBLEMS : a)IE error ; b)Notebook freezes

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Swati, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swati

Swati Thread Starter

a). I am getting the foll. error when I tryto login to a website. This problem has started since Monday and I had no problems earlier. Others in my company also login to the same site and they dont have this error msg popping up.

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document you requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. bad password), or your browser does not understand how to supply the credentials required.
    UNQUOTE

b). Whenever I use dial-up to access the net, my Compaq Presario 2596us freezes for about 10 minutes or so and then becomes ok. During these 10 mins. I am not able to open any new files or any browser window or download mails etc. though I am able to continue working on opened files but cannot save them .
    After 10-15 mins. the notebooks unfreezes and then its all ok.

My A-V is avast and I run ad-aware too both of which are up-to-date.

Please advise solutions ! Thanks
    Swati

2. hzawi

hzawi

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!