1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 problems, need some help.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by queens3358, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. queens3358

queens3358 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I am having two problems that I cant seem to solve. The first problem is on a computer which has xp home and 3 user accounts. The problem is that only some programs are working on the user accounts but all the programs work under the administer account. So my question is how can I get to work under the user accounts. When they were installed the box was check to let everyone that uses the computer to access the program. The other problem I am having is also with xp home. In my office I have 7 computers and they are all network. This might need to be in the network forum but hopefully some one here can help me. If not I will post it in the network section. The problem is that all the computer connect to the server except for one. I get a message saying that the computer has its max number of connections. If I turn 1 of the computers off then it connects with out a problem. Is there some way I can make them all work. Thanks, any help will be very grateful..

2. rhMattL19

rhMattL19

Not sure on your second problem, but for the first one, I guess you could try setting user accounts up as Power Users. Some software just won't work unless a user is a 'Power User'. I think an example is MusicMatch Jukebox. That would never work for my users unless they were a Power User, no matter what the security permissions on the MusicMatch directory were.

3. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

First Name:
    Bruce
    There are a lot of software packages out there that just don't work properly unless the user is set up as an admin of the local machine.

4. queens3358

queens3358 Thread Starter

Thank you for the suggestion, I switch the user over to admin and now it works. Thanks again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327998

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice