2 problems--WIN98SE, IE 6.0, Acrobat

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mhomes

I have 2 problems:

1. When I first logged on this morning, I got a critical updates message and, after updating, was told to restart. Trend Micro also had updates and needed to restart. After re-starting, now IE encounters problems and has to shut down. Could it be something to do with the updates? Should I try restoring the registry? It has been awhile since I had to do that so if so, could someone walk me through the steps, please? Do I do it in DOS?

2. When I open a PDF file on the web, view it, and then close it, my IE does the same thing as in #1 and shuts down all the IE windows that I may have open. I have looked for an Adobe Acrobat update but can't even get on their website.

Any help would be appreciated! I do school on-line with my children so I NEED my internet! Thanks!

mhomes

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Have you upgraded to the most current version of Internet Explorer(which is 6.0 SP1) and Adobe Acrobat Reader(which is 6.0.3)?

I had 3 critical updates to install this morning in Windows 98SE. Everything seems to be working okay.

mhomes

Thanks! I was able to update and upgrade after I restored. Seems to be working fine now! God Bless!

mhomes

Mhomes.. you've been busy since we last chatted :D

Was just passing thru and thought I'd give a wave!

- Z

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts