1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 problems

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Sitka, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sitka

Sitka Thread Starter

I keep getting a error on a blue screen saying I have a fatal exception at 0028:c0005338 in VXD VMM (01) + 00004338

I had VXD problems the other day and thought I had everything cleaned up and working. But it looks like they starting again. What should I do here? Any suggestions?

Now, I went to download the free AVG virus scan version and I keep getting a error with that also. Saying: Zip file is damaged, truncated.... try again...... well, I've tried 3 times and get the same noticed. Any suggestions with this one? Thank you, Chara

2. dwinst

dwinst

I would uninstall the viruscan and any recent installs. Delete temp files. Run regclean. Defrag. I would also run scanreg/fix from the dos prompt. Before putting the viruscan back on, try to recreate the problem. I would also suggest purchasing a good viruscan product with support.

Hope that helps.

3. Sitka

Sitka Thread Starter

Thank you for the info. I did the registry fix and it said that it repaired it. I did a disk scan and I defragged. Took around 3-4 hours to defrag. And I un-installed the anti virus that I had downloaded afew days ago before I did all that though like you said. But I tried to go and download AVG. anti virus from its sited and it said my Zip file was damaged, truncated... So how do I fix this problem so I can get a virus scan downloaded onto my computer? I feel alittle on the edge being online with NO virus protection. Thank you for all the help, Chara

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112317

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice