1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 Q's about microsoft's Wireless optical mouse 2.0

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by prowler351, Dec 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prowler351

prowler351 Thread Starter

well ive' got this wireless mouse and just wanted to know if other peeps with it have the same thing happen with their wireless M$ mouse. first,my mouse doesnt turn all the way off when my comp is shut down or its idle for a long time. the laser just blinks every half a second or so.is this normal? also,it scrolls kinda jerky when i use the weel on it.any one else have that prob? and just curiouse,how long will the batteries normaly last in this one.i just got it yesterday so i was just curious. the jerky scrolling gives me a headache when trying to scroll while reading and if i just didnt end up with a crappy one by bad luck,im taking it back and getting a logitech or something,screw moneysoft. thanks for the reply :)

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

It's normal for the light to blink... It's jerky... The batteries don't last long... I gave mine away and bought a logitech MX and couldn't be happier. Microsoft Intellimouse stink.

The other best choices based on experience are:

Fellowes optigel optical wireless mouse, (better than logitech and Microsoft)

Gyration optical wireless mouse, The range is killer, and can be used in mid-air, but kinda odd feel when useing on a mousepad.

3. prowler351

prowler351 Thread Starter

thx for the reply, i think ill take back the POC and get that gyrotech ive heard alot about,ill take plenty more opinions of course though :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/185766

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice