1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 Questions about Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by eric9101, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eric9101

eric9101 Thread Starter

First of all, I installed the Windows Vista Transformation pack on my computer which caused me to lose a bunch of vital system files so now i can't uninstall it, so by installing Vista Home Premium with the disc will i have all the system files i need? 2nd of all will i lose any documents such as my iTunes library by installing Vista?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Installing Vista won't resolve any issues, and could cause all sorts of new ones. Making an operating system change on top of an already damaged operating system isn't likely to be successful.

Did you try System Restore?
    Removing the software?

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What operating system did you install this "Windows Vista Transformation " on?
    It is for a XP system to look like Vista, so why the question here in the Vista forum?

4. eric9101

eric9101 Thread Starter

I installed it on XP.
    Idk. didn't really think about it.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Can you back up your system (disk image) before updating to Vista? I suspect that an update should go all right and it definitely won't erase any of your personal files, but a good backup would be a good idea under any circumstances for an important change like this.

6. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
  7. Elvandil

Elvandil

Yes, I see that. But it looks like after that there were problems and the OP now is trying to update to a real Vista (unless I'm mis-reading, a possibility, for sure :D). Even with damaged "theming" files, etc., an upgrade may work since all the XP system files would be deleted and replaced with Vista ones, anyway.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647808

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice