2 Questions about Vista

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eric9101

First of all, I installed the Windows Vista Transformation pack on my computer which caused me to lose a bunch of vital system files so now i can't uninstall it, so by installing Vista Home Premium with the disc will i have all the system files i need? 2nd of all will i lose any documents such as my iTunes library by installing Vista?

DoubleHelix

Banned
Installing Vista won't resolve any issues, and could cause all sorts of new ones. Making an operating system change on top of an already damaged operating system isn't likely to be successful.

Did you try System Restore?
Removing the software?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What operating system did you install this "Windows Vista Transformation " on?
It is for a XP system to look like Vista, so why the question here in the Vista forum?

Can you back up your system (disk image) before updating to Vista? I suspect that an update should go all right and it definitely won't erase any of your personal files, but a good backup would be a good idea under any circumstances for an important change like this.

DaveA said:
Elvandil,
The poster is trying to use a program to make XP look like Vista.
See http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Vista-Transformation-Pack.shtml
Yes, I see that. But it looks like after that there were problems and the OP now is trying to update to a real Vista (unless I'm mis-reading, a possibility, for sure :D). Even with damaged "theming" files, etc., an upgrade may work since all the XP system files would be deleted and replaced with Vista ones, anyway.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online