1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 quick questions

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by JayBay, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JayBay

JayBay Thread Starter

I hope this belongs here...but it's on an XP system...so here goes...

First, In IE, I must've accidently checked "Don't ask anymore" on the save password pop-up. I'd like to re-enable that but I can't find where.

And second, in Outlook Express, I can't look at some photos becasue OE will remove access to them. I can still see the Jpgs at the bottem of the message, but I cannot see a filename or put the photos on my harddrive. I also cant look at some pictures, period. Any way to disable that?

Thanks!

2. BillC

BillC

I'm not sure about your first question, but your second one can be solved by opening OE > Tools > Options > Security and then uncheck the box that says "Do not allow attachments to be saved blah, blah, blah"

I don't know about reinstating the pop up, but saving passwords, etc is always a security exposure. Also, if you enable the d/l of e-mail attachments in OE, always, always, always scan them before you open an attachment even if it appears to be from a trusted friend.

3. JayBay

JayBay Thread Starter

Thanks, that worked!

It is only a home PC and the passwords are not for anything like bank accounts. Just forums, and online games.

4. twotugs

twotugs

To get the password pop-up back, in IE go to Tools, Internet Options, Content, Click the Autocomplete button in Personal Information, and check the option "Prompt me to save passwords."

Though I gotta agree with Bill about saving passwords...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172423

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice