1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 Router Setup - Cannot access second router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by dantheman9856, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dantheman9856

dantheman9856 Thread Starter

I have a two router setup, both are linksys and one is wireless. The wireless router is the secondary router or the gateway. Is there anyway I can access it? I can only access the primary one as of now.

2. datamonger

datamonger

How do you have the two connected? LAN port to LAN port, LAN port to WAN port, etc?

3. dantheman9856

They work, I have internet on all computers. The connection is from a normal port you use for the internet. A numbered port. I do not know which it is.

4. datamonger

datamonger

What are the model number of the routers and which one is actually connected to the Internet?

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you'd tell us how you connected them, and how you configured them, it would help.

6. dantheman9856

The wireless router is configured as a gateway, and the wired router functions as a router...what isnt to get? Every computer has internet. I just want to access the gateway router thats all.

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Since you seem to know all you need to know, why ask us? :confused:

8. dantheman9856

Because I do not know how to access the wireless router in a browser. My original question.

9. datamonger

datamonger

Danthemman,

So your hookup looks like this:

Internet - Wireless Router - Router.

Do your pc's connect only to the wireless router or do you just have the wireless nodes connect to the wireless router and the rest connect to the non-wireless router.

Understand that there are many ways that you can connect things and they will still work. In order for us to give you any kind of useable information we need information as well.

You should always be able to access each router from it's LAN interface(s). With a PC connected to one of these interfaces, go to a command prompt, type the command ipconfig /all and take note of the default gateway. This will be the address for your router (whichever you are connected to at the time).

There should be separate networks behind each router. If they are both using the same network addresses, ie. 192.168.0.x, then one will need to be changed since having the same network will be extremely complicated.

I can go on and on with things to try but until we get some additional info about your configuration we will be shooting in the dark.

10. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

You gotta tell us how each router is configured. You also have to tell us how each device is connected to each other.

11. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    "Because I do not know how to access the wireless router in a browser."

On a computer that is connected to the wireless router and has an IP address that is in the same subnet as the wireless router's LAN address, type the wireless router's LAN address into the address bar of a browser. Since you do not want to share your connection or configuration information, I think that is as specific as anybody can be.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487290

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice