1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 Router Suggestions Needed

Discussion in 'Networking' started by drewgraham, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drewgraham

drewgraham Thread Starter

I have two dilemmas:
    Hotspot router w/ QoS and/or Traffic Shaping
    I need an ethernet (not DSL) router to use to control a hotspot AP. It must., therefore, have traffic shaping abilities to drastically limit the bandwidth available to each user.

Dual (or triple?) WAN ADSL router
    A client has decided to put an Exchange server at the end of a very long, old copper line, meaning he has drastic upspeed problems with his ADSL connection. The constraint is VPN access, so I've suggested a dual or even triple-WAN router which we can route (through DNS entries) 'groups' of VPN users to spread the load. I know they're out there, but does anyone have experience?

I'm a big, big fan of ZyXel kit, btw.

2. drewgraham

drewgraham Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/585557

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice