1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 routers, problem with QoS when connected over WiFi

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Vaseer, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaseer

Vaseer Thread Starter

Greetings

I have problem with QoS using 2 routers

Routers:
    Router1: Asus RT-N16, SW: Tomato by Shibby (Tomato Firmware 1.28.0000 MIPSR2-102 K26 USB AIO), this router is set up as main router with DHCP enabled, PPPoE enabled, QoS setup…
    Local IP: 192.168.20.1, netmask: 255.255.255.0, gateway: 192.168.1.1 (modem)

Router2: Asus WL-500gP V2, SW: DD-WRT (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) mega - build 14896), set up as Wireless Access Point (I followed this instruction: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point ) - DHCP disabled, WAN disabled…
    Local IP: 192.168.20.2, netmask 255.255.255.0, gateway: 192.168.20.1

Routers are connected with UTP in LAN port on both routers.

Problem: Devices connected to router2’s WiFi are “seen” on router1’s IP Traffic Details under IP 192.168.20.2 – this IP belongs to router2 – all other types of connections are working OK (router1 LAN and WiFi and router2 LAN) – problem is only with router2 WiFi.

On router1 I have setup DHCP with static leases to all home devices and all of connected devices get correct static IP address, no matter how are they connecting – router1 LAN or WiFi and router2 LAN or WiFi.

How can I setup router2, that router1 will see all devices on their static IP under IP Traffic Details? – that I will be able to set QoS for each device different.

Thanks for your help.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    have you checked that there is not a DHCP service for the wireless access point - IF DHCP is turned off on the 2nd router that ALL the IPS should be from router 1

if you have assigned static IPs to all the devices and then they should be controlled by router 1

But you say router 1 DHCP is enabled ?
    what range have you assigned

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084844

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice